Camp, Fish & Play
Lake Camanche’s activities and sightseeing adventures allow you to immerse yourself in the wonders of the Resort. Featuring activities for people of all ages and all levels of skill, guests can experience the sights at their own comfort level. From tranquil fishing and programs for young kids to brining your own horse for riding and extreme water sports, Lake Camanche Resort offers a wide range of activities and challenges everyone can enjoy.
Camanche is a popular destination for fans of watersports and those who want a great place to cool off in the hot summer. Popular activities include:
- Riding personal watercraft
Lake Camanche is best known for great bass fishing, though it is also a favorite of trout anglers. Each year, 60,000 pounds of trout are stocked between October and June, each weighing at least a pound up to trophy sized 8 pounders. The large trout pond at South Shore is a perfect place to take children fishing.
Hike or Gallop through the Lake Camanche trails. Scenic hiking and equestrian trails travel around the North and South Shores. Each trail will take you along rolling hills and through several oak groves that offer intermittent shade.
Things To Do
- Amador Flower Farm — Enjoy 12 acres of gardens in Plymouth.
- Calaveras Big Trees State Park — See the world’s largest living trees, California’s Giant Sequoias in Arnold on SR 4.
- Calaveras County Fair and Jumping Frog Jubilee — Enjoy one of California’s most historic events in Angel’s Camp.
- Columbia State Historic Park — Visit California’s best-preserved Gold Rush town. Saloons, stores and stage coach rides in Columbia off SR 49.
- Daffodil Hill – Amador County — Each spring Daffodil Hill explodes with thousands of blooms, attracting visitors from around the world.
- Indian Grinding Rock State Historic Park — Inhabited by native Americans for thousands of years, this state park’s 1865 mortar holes testify to the acorn flour that was milled near Pine Grove, off SR 88.
- Kennedy Gold Mine Surface Tours — This famous mine extracted over $34 million in gold. Tour its grounds near Jackson.
- Moaning Cavern Park — The largest vertical chamber in a public cavern that you can see in California. Call (866) 762 – 2837
- Sutter Gold Mine Tours — Tour the Black Chasm Cave in Volcano, the Sutter Gold Mine in Sutter Creek and other nearby caverns. Open year-round for tours, gold mining and deep cave tours.
- Black Oak Casino — Tuolumne
- Jackson Rancheria Casino — Jackson (20 minutes)
- Lockeford Springs Golf Course — Lockeford: (209) 333 – 6275
- Mace Meadow Golf Club — Pioneer: (209) 295 – 7020
- Castle Oakes — Ione: (209) 274 – 4981
- La Contenta Golf Course — Valley Springs: (209) 772 – 1081
- Calaveras County Mokelumne Hill, San Andreas, Angel’s Camp
- Sutter Creek
- Black Bart Players — Murpheys
- Main Street Theatre Works — Sutter Creek
- Murphys Creek Theatre — Murpheys
- Sutter Creek Theatre — Sutter Creek
- Volcano Theatre Company — Volcano
- Jackson Rancheria Casino
- Ironstone Amphitheater
More than a dozen wineries are located within a 20 – 60 mile drive of Lake Camanche. Follow these links to some of the best.
- North Shore Cafe — Breakfast & Lunch or Orders To go (209) 763 – 5166
- North Shore Ice Cream Parlor — Open Weekends Memorial Day – Labor Day. Please Call for hours (209) 763-5166
- The Twisted Fork — Ione (209) 274 – 6082
- Subway — Hwy 12 and 26, Valley Springs (209) 772 – 3500
- Subway — Hwy 49, San Andreas (209) 754 – 0366
- Western Country Burger — Clements (209) 759 – 3368
- Country Girls Ice Cream Parlor –Valley Springs (209)920-3690
- El Torero — Hwy 12, Burson (209) 772 – 8995
- Pizza Factory — Hwy 88, Lockeford (209) 727 – 3707
- Range Steakhouse — Quail Oaks Dr., Valley Springs (209) 772 – 2020
- North Shore Store* — located next to our launch ramp, (209) 763 – 5166
- South Shore Store* — (over 2,000 items in stock), located next to our launch ramp, (209) 763 – 5915
- Burson Market — Hwy 12,Burson (209) 772 – 2371
- Camanche Blues Store — Camanche Pkwy, Ione (209) 763 – 5394
- Mar-Val Food Stores — Hwy 26, Valley Springs
* Seasonal closures during winter. Please call for details.