Lake Camanche’s activities and sightseeing adventures allow you to immerse yourself in the wonders of the Resort. Featuring activities for people of all ages and all levels of skill, guests can experience the sights at their own comfort level. From tranquil fishing and programs for young kids to bringing your own horse for trail riding and extreme water sports, Lake Camanche Resort offers a wide range of activities and challenges everyone can enjoy.
Camanche is a popular destination for fans of watersports and those who want a great place to cool off in the hot summer. Popular activities include:
- Riding personal watercraft
- Standup Paddle Boards
Lake Camanche is best known for great bass fishing, though it is also a favorite of trout anglers. Each year, 60,000 pounds of trout are stocked between October and June, each weighing at least a pound up to trophy sized 8 pounders. The large trout pond at South Shore is a perfect place to take children fishing.
Hike or ride through the Lake Camanche trails. Scenic hiking and equestrian trails travel around the North and South Shores. Each trail will take you along rolling hills and through several oak groves that offer intermittent shade.
- Amador Flower Farm — Enjoy 12 acres of gardens in Plymouth.
- Calaveras Big Trees State Park — See the world’s largest living trees, California’s Giant Sequoias in Arnold on SR 4.
- Calaveras County Fair and Jumping Frog Jubilee — Enjoy one of California’s most historic events in Angel’s Camp.
- Columbia State Historic Park — Visit California’s best-preserved Gold Rush town. Saloons, stores and stage coach rides in Columbia off SR 49.
- Daffodil Hill – Amador County — Each spring Daffodil Hill explodes with thousands of blooms, attracting visitors from around the world.
- Indian Grinding Rock State Historic Park — Inhabited by native Americans for thousands of years, this state park’s 1865 mortar holes testify to the acorn flour that was milled near Pine Grove, off SR 88.
- Kennedy Gold Mine Surface Tours — This famous mine extracted over $34 million in gold. Tour its grounds near Jackson.
- Moaning Cavern Park — The largest vertical chamber in a public cavern that you can see in California. Call (866) 762 – 2837
- Country Girls Ice Cream –55 California Street, Valley Springs (209) 920-3690 Country Girls Ice Cream
- Black Oak Casino — Tuolumne
- Jackson Rancheria Casino — Jackson (20 minutes)
- Lockeford Springs Golf Course — Lockeford: (209) 333 – 6275
- Mace Meadow Golf Club — Pioneer: (209) 295 – 7020
- Castle Oakes — Ione: (209) 274 – 4981
- La Contenta Golf Course — Valley Springs: (209) 772 – 1081
- Calaveras County Mokelumne Hill, San Andreas, Angel’s Camp
- Sutter Creek
- Black Bart Players — Murpheys
- Main Street Theatre Works — Sutter Creek
- Murphys Creek Theatre — Murpheys
- Sutter Creek Theatre — Sutter Creek
- Volcano Theatre Company — Volcano
- Jackson Rancheria Casino
- Ironstone Amphitheater
More than a dozen wineries are located within a 20 – 60 mile drive of Lake Camanche. Follow these links to some of the best.
- North Shore Café — Open Daily Summer Season: Shoulder Season open Thursday-Sunday. Please Call for hours & availability (209) 763-5166
- North Shore Ice Cream Parlor — Open Daily: Memorial Day – Labor Day
- South Shore Marina Grill ** — Seasonal Hours: Open Weekends, Memorial Day – Labor Day. Please Call for hours (209) 763-5915
- Subway — Hwy 12 and 26, Valley Springs (209) 772 – 3500
- Subway — Hwy 49, San Andreas (209) 754 – 0366
- Western Country Burger — Clements (209) 759 – 3368
- North Shore Ice Cream Parlor — Open daily summer season only
- Country Girls Ice Cream —55 California Street, Valley Springs (209) 920-3690
- Country Girls Ice Cream
- El Torero — Hwy 12, Burson (209) 772 – 8995
- Pizza Factory — Hwy 88, Lockeford (209) 727 – 3707
- Pizza Factory — Main St., Ione (209) 274-0270
- Fusion Grill — Vista Del Lago Dr, Valley Springs (209) 772 – 1182
- North Shore Store* — located next to our launch ramp, (209) 763 – 5166
- South Shore Store* — (thousands of items in stock), located next to our launch ramp, (209) 763 – 5915
- Burson Market — Hwy 12,Burson (209) 772 – 2371
- Camanche Blues Store — Camanche Pkwy, Ione (209) 763 – 5394
- Mar-Val Food Stores — Hwy 26, Valley Springs (209) 772 – 2393
- Save Mart Supermarket — Hwy 88, Jackson (209) 223 – 5945
* Seasonal hours during winter. Please call for details.