Working together with our agency partners and public health officials, we’ve developed a sustainable operating plan to allow outdoor recreation to continue at Lake Camanche. Guest and staff safety remains our top priority, and we’ve taken additional steps to boost our commitment to reducing Covid-19 risks. Starting Thursday July 2nd, Lake Camanche day use visitation numbers will be reduced to provide enhanced social distancing.
Our new daily limits are as follows:
- 100 day use vehicles at the North Shore
- 100 day use vehicles at the South Shore
- 150 daily boat launches at North Shore
- 100 daily boat launches at South Shore
Limitations on day use access will not apply to Lake Camanche annual pass holders or houseboaters and their guests. The owner of the houseboat must accompany their guest and day use fees will apply for the visiting guest.
Camping remains open at both the North Shore and South Shore facilities in reduced numbers to promote safety and social distancing.
Camping reservations for North Shore can be booked online here.
South Shore camping reservations can be booked online here.
Advance reservations are required for camping, no same day arrivals will be allowed. Boat Rentals as well as retail sales remain open at both North and South Shore locations.
While we wish we could accommodate everyone at all times, providing a safe recreation opportunity for all is our highest priority.
Our thanks go out to everyone for their understanding and support.
The Team at Lake Camanche
CURRENT OPERATION UPDATES/POLICIES
- Advance reservations are required for all camping at Lake Camanche. To book your Lake Camanche reservation, click here
- Campers arriving at Lake Camanche without advance reservations will not be accommodated.
- Campsite availability has been reduced to promote safe social distancing.
- Day use is only allowed in designated day use areas.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP US STAY OPEN
- If you feel you are at all unwell or are displaying symptoms of COVID 19, please do not travel or visit us at Lake Camanche.
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands frequently, cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze or cough and please stay home if you suspect you have been exposed to the virus.
- Maintain a six-foot social distance from all individuals who are not members of your immediate household.
LIST OF FACILITIES & SERVICES CURRENTLY OPEN:
- Fishing (daily)
- Boating (daily)
- Equestrian staging/trail riding (daily)
- Retail Store (limited days & hours) Wednesday – Sunday 8:30 am. – 5:00 pm (store closed Monday & Tuesday)
- North & South Shore boat, kayak and SUP rentals will be open starting on Saturday, June 27th.
Day Use Hours at Lake Camanche are: 5am to one hour past sunset daily.
LIST OF FACILITIES/SERVICES CURRENTLY CLOSED
- Prepared food service temporarily suspended.
- Summer night movies are cancelled.
For enhanced guest safety, Lake Camanche has instituted the following operating precautions:
- Limiting the number of guests in enclosed areas
- Maintaining 6 feet of distancing at all times while in park
- Thorough cleaning and disinfecting procedures
- Staff will utilize masks when interacting with guests
- Guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks whenever in close proximity to non-family members
- Plastic guards at registers to protect guests and staff
- Any other policies deemed necessary by the EBMUD and County Public Health officials
The team at Lake Camanche sincerely thank our guests for their support, patience and cooperation while we adapt to a rapidly changing Covid-19 environment.
Home of the Monster Fish
Lake Camanche is a multi-award winning campground with year-round recreation and fishing. It has 54 miles of shoreline and 7,700 surface acres of water for all your outdoor recreational activities.
The lake features family and group camping by the lake shoreline, cottages, RV sites, hiking, boating, fishing, swimming, kayaking, equestrian trails and equestrian camping. Lake Camanche is also a popular venue for outdoor weddings, festivals, and corporate events. Come see why we were voted the Best Lake again!
Phone: (209) 781-0649 | Email: email@example.com
North Shore Address: 2000 Camanche Road, Ione, CA 95640
South Shore Address: 11700 Wade Lane, Valley Springs, CA 95252
Gate Hours: 5:00 am to 11:00 pm
Day Use: 5:00 am to one hour after sunset
Find directions to Lake Camanche