Our direction from county public health officials remains that tent camping, RV camping and lodging will not be allowed at Lake Camanche through June 14th. We continue to be open for day use, boating & fishing. Reservations through June 14, 2020 have been cancelled and we sincerely hope to be open from June 15, 2020 onward.
We strongly disagree with the basis for this decision and are disappointed that Lake Camanche is still unable to welcome campers. Please know that we continue to do everything in our power to convince public health officials of our ability to safely operate Lake Camanche’s campgrounds and lodging facilities. For details on the rationale behind the decision to force these camping/lodging cancellations, contact county public health offices.
We remain hopeful that starting June 15th, 2020, we will once again be able to host tent camping, RV camping and lodging guests. Fun summer days at the lake are on the horizon … check back here and on social media for updated reopening information.
The general public may enter at either north or south shore for day use, boating, and fishing.
Please read detailed information below BEFORE visiting the park.
LIST OF FACILITIES/SERVICES currently open as of June 5, 2020
Day Use (daily) Hours: 5am – One Hour Past Sunset
- Fishing (daily)
- Boating (daily)
- Equestrian staging/trail riding (daily)
- Retail Store (limited days & hours)
Wednesday – Sunday
8:30 am. – 5:00 pm.
(store closed Monday & Tuesday)
LIST OF FACILITIES/SERVICES STILL CURRENTLY CLOSED
- North & South Shore boat rentals
- North & South Shore kayak rentals
- North & South Shore SUP’s rentals
- North & South Shore grill/food service
- North & South Shore camping, lodging, and RV parks
For enhanced guest safety, Lake Camanche has instituted the following operating precautions:
- Limiting the number of guests in enclosed areas
- Maintaining 6 feet of distancing at all times while in park
- Thorough cleaning and disinfecting procedures
- Staff will utilize masks and gloves when interacting with guests
- Guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks and gloves
- Plastic guards at registers to protect guests and staff
- Any other policies deemed necessary by the EBMUD and Calaveras County Public Health officials
Home of the Monster Fish
Lake Camanche is a multi-award winning campground with year-round recreation and fishing. It has 54 miles of shoreline and 7,700 surface acres of water for all your outdoor recreational activities.
The lake features family and group camping by the lake shoreline, cottages, RV sites, hiking, boating, fishing, swimming, kayaking, equestrian trails and equestrian camping. Lake Camanche is also a popular venue for outdoor weddings, festivals, and corporate events. Come see why we were voted the Best Lake again!
Phone: (866) 763-5121 | Email: email@example.com
North Shore Address: 2000 Camanche Road, Ione, CA 95640
South Shore Address: 11700 Wade Lane, Valley Springs, CA 95252
Gate Hours: 5:00 am to 11:00 pm
Day Use: 5:00 am to one hour after sunset
Find directions to Lake Camanche